Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Weapon System Equipment Definition Lead / Systems Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage.
The Weapon System Equipment Definition Lead / Systems Engineer will be a driven individual who will lead and take responsibility for shaping the technical development of a Naval Domain Weapon System, for a high-profile project for a UK based customer. The Weapon System Equipment Definition Lead / Systems Engineer will be required to engage and work across Systems Engineering, Electronic and Electrical Design, Mechanical Design, Integration, Test Systems and Manufacturing in order to assess and down select the Weapon System and sub system elements and define the technology roadmap for development of equipment prototypes and production builds.
In addition, the role has a high profile in aiding to shape future Weapon System Equipment, Research and Development direction within the wider business, to ensure they are meeting the needs of the future projects becoming mainstream initiatives.
The Weapon System Equipment Definition Lead / Systems Engineer will be working within a highly technical, challenging engineering environment where you will have the opportunity to grow your career within a wider engineering sphere.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Primary responsibilities include:
- Deriving the product architecture at physical and functional levels working with System and Design functions
- Deriving baseline Hardware Requirements for the equipment definition and aiding in shaping the Technical Requirement Specifications for the Weapon System and sub systems
- Scoping and Planning project objectives for the different phases of a new development program
- Ensure cost management for planned activities.
- Aiding to provide coherence of legacy design and scoping technology uplifts.
Skills and qualifications required Include:
- Degree qualified in a technical engineering subject such as electronics, physics, mathematics, systems engineering or aerospace engineering.
- A self-starter with an eye for detail and strong organisational skills
- Able to get involved with an emerging system architecture, create, and challenge and support the derivation of requirements from System to resultant Product.
- Engineering knowledge in order to consider the design implementation challenges for the product under development, in order to make informed choices; identify and mitigate technical risks.
- Develop and contribute to wider architecture discussions on the implementation of Safety and Security features within the product design; quantify safety within a system or sub system team.
- drive technical teams to assess options and subsequently describe them to a customer, internally and externally, identifying the benefits to them and making a proposal for the next stage of development.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.