Salary: Up to £55,000 p/a + benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Weapon Systems Architect to join a world class technical engineering company based in Bristol. The Weapon System Architect will provide knowledge and expertise to an exciting multi-national programme which has just entered the Assessment phase. This role will be very important to developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
The successful candidate will develop the System-of-System/System architecture to maintain coherence across the design of a product range and associated equipment, plus their integration on multiple platforms.
Your department is focussed on growing and developing a team of excellent System Architects. This is a small but experienced team focussed on technical solutions and setting the right design principles with new projects.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Opportunity to develop a high-level system architecture and influence the programme across multiple environments.
- The opportunity to grow and develop a broad skill & knowledge base.
- You will get to work with multiple technical and business functions.
- You will have the opportunity to work across various areas of a diverse and distributed System, covering a variety of subsystems from assessment phase maturity through to full-scale development.
- Input to wider capability improvement through Research and Development.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Ideally a degree or Masters in Electronic Engineering, Physics or Science related subject.
- You will be an analytical system thinker, able to develop and communicate concepts and architectures.
- The ability to identify, engage, and influence internal and external stakeholders, instigate and drive trade studies and system development activities and provide top level direction to the subsystem architects. In summary, they will play a significant role in the technical direction and strategy of the products within this programme.
- Experience of developing complex systems, ideally in defence.
- Knowledge of Sea and/or Air platforms and System integration.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.