Test Equipment Definition Lead
Package, depending on experience: £35,000 - £50,000
What we can offer you:
Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
Up to 15 days flexi leave
25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
Possible relocation available
Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Working within a world-leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Test Equipment Definition Lead. The company is an award-winning business that invests heavily in its staff, offering training, personal development and career progression opportunities. With a long order book, they are a stable business who have been growing over a number of years.
The Test Equipment Definition Lead role:
We are a large engineering organisation that takes a disciplined approach to product development and test, in order to maintain our market leading reputation. Through our test and testability policy, we ensure robustness in the test and data analysis regime for development, integration, manufacturing and in-service products, across an increasing portfolio of projects.
The Test Equipment and Testability mission is to:
- Deliver world-class Test Solutions, Environment Simulators and Emulators internally to the business as well as to our Customers.
- Contribute to the business’ international System Test Equipment Strategy, bringing the UK perspective to bear and balancing the need for technology re-use with the need to exploit emerging technology trends
- Apply the System Test Equipment and Testability Strategies to all new programmes, as well as through-life enhancement upgrades.
Test Equipment Definition Lead experience required:
You will work with and coordinate the task packages for both internal and external suppliers to develop and deliver products or technology to our Customers. In this role, the focus is on Test Equipment and Testability where those products are test solutions, simulators and emulators. This is a varied role ranging from developing requirements through to being in a design lab, supporting the acceptance of a test solution and ensuring products can be tested thoroughly and accurately. Either way, you will quickly see the results of your efforts in the realisation of Test Solutions that you can associate with your Engineering ability.
For this role, you should be able to demonstrate your ability to:
- Define clear requirements and acceptance criteria
- Develop and understand interface specifications
- Understand and contribute to the key activities in the engineering development lifecycle
- Manage schedule, cost, quality and performance metrics for assigned work packages
- Work within a multi-discipline engineering team (e.g. Systems, mechanical, electrical, software etc…)
- Understand the benefits of re-use versus new development
- Capture transversal engineering partner needs (e.g. Safety, Cyber, Human Factors, Customer Support Services, etc)
In addition, as your knowledge and experience grows, you may be expected to run peer and design reviews as well as limit technical risks through application of mitigation strategies.
If you have a practical mind and you are able to apply logic in challenging or complex situations, then this role could be for you. Candidates do not necessarily need to have an engineering test background to be successful in this role.
This company can offer you a fantastic chance to grow, develop and fulfil your career within a dynamic engineering environment and provide ongoing training, development, and progression opportunities.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.