Salary: Up to £43,000 depending on experience
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Working within a world-leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Author. The company is an award-winning business that invests heavily in its staff, offering training, personal development and career progression opportunities. With a long order book, they are a stable business who have been growing over a number of years.
The Technical Author role:
- Authoring specialists to support and develop complex engineering descriptive and procedural documentation.
- Experience in technical authoring is essential. Use in particular of SGML is required but also the ability to adapt to other formats of authorship is desirable.
- You will need to be familiar in the use of S1000D based authoring tools, be aware of BREX (Business Rules Exchange) use and Guidance Documents, a CSDB (Common Source Data Base) environment and the associated reports.
- Provide technical expertise in ensuring design teams have a clear understanding of the publication development, production and upkeep process.
- You may be required to be involved in demonstration or process proving activities at an alternative site or the Customer’s location, in the UK or overseas.
- Experience and a working knowledge of the military environment for operation and maintenance technical publications is preferable but not essential.
- Liaise with product suppliers in support of technical publication technologies whilst maintaining personal and technical reports, records etc. of all technical publication activities to a high standard.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas.
This company can offer you a fantastic chance to grow, develop and fulfil your career within a dynamic engineering environment and provide ongoing training, development, and progression opportunities.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.