Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Simulation & Modelling Team Leader to work for an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / technology business that are in a position of sustained growth.
Due to an internal move, an opportunity has arisen within Simulation and Modelling for a Team Leader. The Simulation & Modelling Team Leader will be leading a team on a development programme producing a suite of modelling software and delivering auto-coded software into the product and key test facilities across the business.
This presents the Simulation & Modelling team Leader with the chance to interact across various areas of the project and help deliver a crucial modelling capability into the programme. There will be the opportunity to gain leadership and management experience in a technical context, with the support of peers develop yourself with a potential route to Group Leader status
This is an excellent opportunity for you to secure a role with a forward-thinking company in a stimulating work environment with opportunities to learn new skills and be part of a friendly, proactive team.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Duties (Include but not limited to)
- Take on the leadership of team of engineers delivering modelling and software to a range of departments across the programme and deliver on time, on cost and on quality.
- Interface into the project teams on behalf of the Group Leader and provide reports to function on the progress of the programme
- Set the team development, project, and functional objectives
- You will coach and guide your team members providing regular feedback to enhance overall team performance and knowledge transfer
- Support departmental initiatives and encourage your team to provide ideas into these that will help support and sustain a culture of improvement.
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
- Ability to lead technical activities and quickly understand complex technical problems.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of the roles of performance models
- Experience of using MATLAB/Simulink for performance modelling
- Ideally have experience in generating code from Simulink.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement, coordination and planning would be an advantage.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.