Salary Up to £55,000 p/a DOE + Overtime + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Hours 37 Hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to work within a Hardware in the Loop department for a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage. This role will be important to developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
The Systems Engineer will be an ambitious engineer with a growth mind-set. If you’re the right person for us, you will seek a supportive environment, surrounded by passionate experts while being a part of collaborative and driven team.
The Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) team conduct rigorous and robust test regimes on a highly complex set of products. As part of the role, the team design complex, real-time simulations to support the test of these highly complex products.
As a HWIL Systems Engineer you will be responsible for conducting experiments, analysing the products performance, and working with the sub-system designers to improve the performance in varying scenarios.
You will be able to adapt to new engineering situations and be comfortable in abstracting detail in order to understand the simulation and products behaviour.
Hybrid working pattern will require 80% on site, working with world class equipment.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Skills and qualifications:
- Ideally HNC, or higher qualified in a technical engineering or scientific discipline
- Broad engineering experience with deeper experience in some of the following skill areas:
- System performance analysis
- Interface debugging and system integration
- Familiarity with Linux operating system
- Testing of sensors or other sub-systems
- Use of microcontrollers (e.g., Raspberry Pi)
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.