Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + Benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension, Holiday Pay & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Design Engineer to join an ambitious, innovative technology / scientific engineering company based in Stevenage. The Systems Design Engineer will have the responsibility for undertaking overall model-based systems engineering (MBSE) design activities for a selection of UK based projects.
The System Design Engineer will provide the main technical focus for the companies’ primary development projects and major sub-systems contracts and will interface with both customers and suppliers on technical issues.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Duties include (Full specification is available upon request)
- Requirements Specification and Design – carrying out a full range of technical analyses and investigations, preparing specifications and developing designs.
- Concepts studies, research, and development.
- Flow-down of system requirements to subsystem requirement specifications.
- Define and maintain design justification record providing linkage from system requirements to subsystem requirements.
- Development of system-level test sequences.
- Systems Validation – including certification and design verification
- Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent
- Adaptable approach – capable of focussing on the UK and European customer’s needs, taking into consideration existing constraints in design proposals.
- Team Player, capable of working jointly with others from various disciplines to reach a consensus agreement.
- Good verbal and written communications
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Pro-active / self-starter
- An ability to use their enthusiasm and drive to work autonomously and efficiently to influences team members and other stakeholders in producing technical outputs of good quality in a timely manner.
- Experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment.
- Good understanding of system engineering processes including SysML (training can be provided).
- Experience in DOORS (training can be provided).
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.