Salary: Up to £62,000 P/A + benefits (plus Flexi and Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Do you want to join a business, who value inclusivity, a three-time gold investor in people award winner, an advocate of supporting women in engineering and developing their people to be the best they can be?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced System Performance Lead Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
As a Systems Performance Lead Engineer, you will be leading a team of System Performance Engineers who provide performance prediction and analysis expertise. Expect assignment to concept, assessment or demonstration phase contracts, covering one of the new or existing product lines.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged
- Light and airy university type campus
- Friendly environment
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
What you will be doing:
- Manage the team to plan and conduct technical studies into product performance, using complex mathematical models, to help the project understand key system design choices or to estimate key performance indicators such as range and terminal accuracy, among others
- Develop a good understanding of how the wider system affects performance and the knock-on impacts of changes to the design
- Work with SMEs in various technical fields to understand how each of these contribute to system performance
- Report performance data in a clear and concise way in internal design reviews and external performance statements to customers
- Systems engineering experience in a system performance and analytical domain
- Experience in technical leadership of a team to deliver their objectives
- Managing a team of System Performance Engineers, to use mathematical models to assess system behaviour, and to analyse data using Matlab and Simulink (or similar)
- Capturing and presenting technical data in a clear and concise manner for expert and non-expert audiences
- Exposure to the physical principles of aerodynamics, propulsion, guidance, and control
- Engaging with the end user who is using the product line
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.