Salary: Circa £50,000 - £70,000 depending on experience
Bonus of up to - circa £2,500
Pension contribution of up to 14%
Annual salary review
Up to 15 days flexi leave
25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking.
Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Working within a world-leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer. The company are an award-winning business that invests heavily in its staff, offering training, personal development and career progression opportunities. With a long order book, they are a stable business who have been growing over a number of years.
The Software Engineer role:
- We work on technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, delivering safe, secure, and reliable products to our customers.
- We are looking for a capable, adaptable and inquisitive software engineer to join a dedicated team to develop middleware solutions.
- Our products require Linux Operating System (OS) migration, configuration and security solutions implementing, so a good experience of Linux is essential for this position.
- Working across multiple applications on both land and maritime projects in the systems software department, this role allows for involvement in many of the most sophisticated missile systems in the world, across multiple warfare domains, and provides a great opportunity for someone wanting to be involved in many differing areas of software.
Software Engineer experience required:
- Experience configuring, securing and maintaining Linux OSs (Redhat and/or Ubuntu) including Kernel configuration and Kernel test.
- A passion for software engineering, with the ability to innovate and think critically to solve complex software problems with a willingness to develop software skill either through on the job, or formal training.
- Knowledge of software design differences between Real-Time OSs and Hypervisors would be beneficial.
- Comfortable working with a team in a collaborative environment, communicating and contributing to design and implementation decisions, and supporting with integration.
- Experience in the development of software for Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) hardware and be comfortable working with target system hardware.
This company can offer you a fantastic chance to grow, develop and fulfil your career within a dynamic engineering environment and provide ongoing training, development, and progression opportunities.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.