Salary: £35,000 - £55,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for talented Engineers / Physicists / Mathematicians with a keen interest in modelling dynamic complex systems to build their career as a Simulation & Modelling Engineer with a world class technical engineering company based in Bristol.
The modelling team typically develops and integrates system and subsystem models created within or outside the department to support various stakeholders. These include Performance Engineers, Weapon Systems Simulators in Synthetic Environments, In-Service Support teams, customer training and engineering teams looking at new / improvement product concepts.
Working as part of the Simulation & Modelling team would provide the Simulation & Modelling Engineer the unique opportunity to experience engineering at a product level for multiple projects, giving the Simulation & Modelling Engineer a broad view of the various technologies within our products and their application in various defence platforms.
This role will also give you in-depth exposure to the Modelling tools and process and provide the opportunity to develop relevant skills and apply them in developing large scale models to support the product portfolio.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- A Degree or Masters in an Engineering, Mathematics or Science related subject.
- A good understanding of simulation environments (e.g., MATLAB and Simulink, or similar) and / or programming languages (e.g., FORTRAN, C/C++).
- Understanding of change and configuration control processes is considered an advantage (e.g., Rational Team Concert).
- Ability to identify and solve sophisticated problems and gather the information needed to drive through to ultimate solutions.
- Ability to visualise and analyse complex systems.
- Practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.