Salary: Up to £45,000 P/A + overtime, bonus and benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Simulation & Modelling Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company within their Systems Modelling team, based in Stevenage.
It is an exciting time to be joining the company, as the business is expanding during a time of economic uncertainty, and the successful Simulation and Modelling Engineer will become a key member of a dynamic team working on a fast-moving and challenging project.
The Simulation and Modelling team is central to the design and development of many highly complex products. Models are developed for many purposes throughout the lifecycle of the product and these are at the core of the System Engineering process.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More…
Duties (Include but not limited to)
- You will be responsible for design, development and integration of models and components to support programmes within the business.
- You will take a lead in ensuring that model design and architecture is fit for current needs and scalable and extendable to allow incorporation of future requirements and growth.
- You will provide support to other team members in overcoming complex issues within models and software and providing advice on model and software design best practice.
- You will be expected to engage with the model users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the model is fit for its intended use.
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
- Ideally degree qualified in electronics, physics, mathematics or similar
- You will be proficient in the use of Simulink, FORTRAN, or C/C++ for mathematical modelling
- You will have an appreciation of creating complex and scalable models
- Working within a software quality process
- You will have the ability to visualize and analyse complex systems
- You will have practical knowledge of systems engineering principles and processes
Please Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, this position requires candidates to be able to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.