Salary: Circa £60,000 P/A D.O.E. + excellent benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week
Do you want to join a business, who value inclusivity, a three-time gold investor in people award winner, an advocate of supporting women in engineering and developing their people to be the best they can be?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Work Package Manager to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
Your role as a Senior Work Package Manager plays a key strategic role in Electronics Engineering. As a Senior Work Package Manager, you will develop the processes, guidelines, and road map for the management of external work packages, establishing the governance for management and control. Day to day, taking the lead on defining work packages for outsourcing to our suppliers; creating Statements of Work and working with the project teams to generate the technical specifications. Management of our suppliers throughout the project lifecycle is vital; from initial engagement, tendering, selection, enabling implementation and to successful delivery.
The role has a development path towards a Delivery Lead and Sector Lead roles, each looking after a larger portfolio of projects and teams with greater customer management responsibilities.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged
- Light and airy university type campus
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
- Experience of Work Package Management and Supplier Management
- Experience of delivering work packages on time, on cost, on quality; with external teams and supply chain
- It is essential to have experience of the engineering development lifecycle, from deriving requirements, through design and qualification phases, to validation and certification
- It would be beneficial to have experience with Electronics and certainly an engineering background
- Experience of working closely with technical experts and architects, bid teams, projects teams, and central procurement and contracts teams
- Skilled at presenting status dashboards to senior stakeholders and our customers
- Excellent communication skills; able to influence others to their way of thinking
- Organised with an eye for detail and a sense of pride in what they deliver
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.