Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Up to £30,000 P/A + benefits (Including holiday pay, Life Assurance, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career in Technical Sales Support? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Sales Support Engineer to work for a world leading business, with an incredible reputation for quality and customer satisfaction. This could be just what you are looking for? If interested, then please read on.
The Sales Support Engineer will work to build knowledge and experience of the company’s capital equipment and to advance towards being able to work independently or as part of a team to provide sales support services, including layouts, technical proposals, cost estimates, customer liaison and administration of internal approvals including launch of orders to the Operations group.
- Generate commercially viable proposals for capital equipment, Innovation Centre trials and equipment loans which are timely, accurate and fit for purpose.
- Generate indicative sales layout drawings for use with capital proposals.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates using excel based spreadsheets to compliment proposals above.
- Work with sales team to create compelling proposals to be either sent or presented to customers.
- Provide routine office-based customer contacts associated with the promotion and sale of equipment.
- To administer relevant documentation on the pre-contract phase, ensuring compliance with internal procedures.
- To organise and act as sales representative in order launch meetings, whereby secured orders are reviewed and transferred to the operations group.
- To assist the sales team with activities such as product trials, exhibitions, mail shots, customer site visits and general customer correspondence
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
The following skills would be an advantage but are not essential as appropriate training will be given to the right candidate with an eagerness to learn and progress:
- Proficient in office products – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Ability to source cost information and estimate costs based upon available data.
- Aware of commercial procedures.
- Ability to present to customers in a positive manner.
- Knowledge or experience of food industry.
- Ability to liaise with suppliers.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to liaise with ‘internal customers’ such as the Operations group.
- AutoCAD experience
- Ability to undertake UK and (occasional) overseas travel.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.