Salary: Circa £55,000 P/A depending on experience + excellent benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week
Do you want to join a business, who value inclusivity, a three-time gold investor in people award winner, an advocate of supporting women in engineering and developing their people to be the best they can be?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Propulsion Subsystem Lead to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
As a Propulsion Subsystem Lead you will be supporting the ongoing production of existing products (including increase production capacity and obsolescence), successful qualification and industrial validation of rocket motors in development, support to export contracts and oversee concept design.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged
- Light and airy university type campus
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
What you will be doing:
- Accountable for delivery of the propulsion subsystem key project deliverable milestones, the budget management, reporting Propulsion activities to the customer, and for delivering a robust Propulsion Subsystem programme plan for development and qualification of the product to meet broader programme schedule
- Lead the internal stakeholders and the Propulsion Subsystem Design Authorities to manage and deliver agreed work packages across all current programme work phases
- Responsible as the technical interface to ensure consistency of equipment with system performance and Project commitments
- Liaise with customers, organisation, managing the political environment to align the priorities and approaches with the technical direction of the propulsion developments, within a technically complex and programmatically challenging programme
- Responsible for managing the equipment Technical Requirement Specification.
- Propose and manage new trade-offs for equipment to the project team, after identification of risks /opportunities
- Organise and coordinate cost / risk / performance assessments of the design options, including system analysis, to ensure that best deliverable options are progressed
- Manage technical interface with the Equipment Design Authority, including acceptance of the delivery
- Support equipment integration at the system level
- Assess capability of the Equipment Design Authority and deliver feedback to the function
- Undertake technical progress meetings and milestone reviews with the Supplier
- Maintain regular contact with the Suppliers and Project team to ensure the programme continues in a timely manner, with risks flagged early and opportunities exploited to the maximum
- Initiate and facilitate formal design reviews with stakeholders to allow verification of progress and acceptance of solutions through the course of the programme
- Build network, strong relationships, and influence
- Agree the qualification and production strategies to ensure that the needs of the PT, assurance authorities and production team are adequately addressed and deliverable within the constraints of the project
- Technical knowledge of Solid Rocket Motor design, qualification, and manufacturing
- Ability to provide leadership, with well-developed planning and organisational skills
- Programme management including work tasks, budget, risk and opportunities and subcontracts
- Able to define, re-engineer and review processes
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Extensive business knowledge of customers, competitors, and suppliers
- Reputation management with customer stakeholders, collaborators, and suppliers
- Good judgement and initiative
- Good understanding of policies and standards
- Highly developed communication skills, including awareness and understanding of cultural differences with the ability to adapt accordingly
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or a UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.