Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: Up to £55,000 Pro Rata P/A + benefits (including Pension, Overtime, Bonus)
Are you looking for an exciting career designing highly complex technical products? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a world leading innovative business, critical to national security. This could be just what you are looking for? The opportunity will present the successful applicant with the environment to realise their potential and grow with the business. Are you interested?
The Mechanical Design Engineer will have the drive and enthusiasm to join a growing team of highly experienced Mechanical Design Engineers. You will be working on challenging engineering problems across the product life cycle within a high performing multi-disciplinary team environment. You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated international travel.
The role provides great opportunities for personal development including Chartership and Professional Accreditation and the opportunity to develop your leadership skills. You will be joining a like-minded enthusiastic team, working on a diverse range of world class products. Many of the projects are ground-breaking and so you can expect to develop and use the latest technologies.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Mechanical Design Engineer - Skills and Qualifications:
You will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC qualified plus significant experience in Mechanical Design and Development.
- The ability to lead mechanical design work packages and have experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with the awareness and understanding of the challenges that this may bring.
- Awareness of proving and qualification activities to ensure compliance against requirements.
- Robust design experience using common development techniques such as DFMEA, DFA, DFM.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence and negotiate with partners across the business.
- Experience of supplier engagement and development across internal and external multi-disciplinary teams.
- The awareness and understanding of cultural differences with the ability to adapt accordingly.
- A willing, helpful attitude, a calm professional manner, and the ability to assess and set priorities and deal with multiple issues on a regular basis
- An understanding of structural/thermal/dynamic analysis would be advantageous.
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given)
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.