Salary: Up to £68,000 p/a + benefits (Excellent Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Lead to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage. This role will be very important to developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
The department specialises in the design, development, and delivery of Complex Electromechanical Equipment, including Aerodynamic control surfaces, Gimbal systems, Deployment mechanisms, and Reaction control systems such as Thrust Vector Control, Divert Attitude and Control Systems (DACS).
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an Actuation team as an Operations Lead, taking responsibility for the asset delivery, design readiness and transition of development Actuation Equipment into Series Production with corresponding Test Equipment for UK and non-UK programmes. This role has responsibility across all periods of the Product Life Cycle (PLC) for delivery on cost, time, and quality.
The Operations Lead will experience product development across the full product lifecycle from concept development through to production and in-service support. You will develop technical skills and knowledge with structured skills development and training programmes.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Reporting to the Group Lead for Post Development, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the development of the Series Production Manufacturing System and supporting validation activities.
- Leading the Test Capability Development, Strategy and Asset Delivery.
- Managing the route-map to full rate and series production and facilitate priority calls with respect to equipment builds across a range of multiple projects
- Defining Hardware strategy for New Product Development
- Engaging with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and Chief Manufacturing Systems Engineer to drive down Unit Production Cost business objectives
- Working with the Equipment Design Authority and Chief Manufacturing Systems Engineer to ensure that the design definitions are of the correct level of maturity to pass to the production teams, and that a consistent approach is being implemented across projects.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Ideally a degree or Masters in a technical engineering, Physics or Science related subject or equivalent.
- Significant proven experience of work package management or equivalent level of responsibility
- Ability to demonstrate thinking and operating at a strategic level
- Some past experience working with hardware delivery
- An overcomer attitude, strong sense of diligence, and conviction to match
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work across a variety of functions.
- Able to explain detail of previous Influencing and Negotiating skills in a professional context.
- Confident understanding of Gantt style planning techniques
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.