Mechanical Design Engineer – Mechanical Future Concepts
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: Up to £50,000 P/A + benefits (including Pension, Overtime, Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer, to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage. The company are a highly respected and innovative business who are growing year on year. The opportunity will present the successful applicant with the environment to realise their potential and grow with the business.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will have the drive and enthusiasm to join a growing team of highly experienced Mechanical Design Engineers, developing Future Concepts, technologies, and prototypes for insertion into the next generation of highly complex products used in the defence sector. Within this role you will have the opportunity to undertake cutting-edge research of novel mechanical technologies to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Mechanical Design Engineer – Duties will include:
- You will work within the Concept and Assessment Phases of the product lifecycle, providing the opportunity to shape their direction into development and rapidly prototype designs.
- You will be responsible for Mechanical Engineering concept development and robust design for new Projects through ownership of specific Mechanical Functions/Attributes.
- You will have the opportunity to propose ideas for future research topics and obtain funding to develop these ideas within the Function.
- You will be supported with the use of state-of-the-art engineering tools and extensive in-house facilities and capabilities.
Mechanical Design Engineer - Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC Qualified plus significant experience in Mechanical Design, particularly in the Concept and Assessment phases of the product lifecycle.
- An understanding of the Structural and Thermal considerations of Mechanical Design
- An ability to develop concept design solutions with limited information and changing requirements.
- Wider awareness of other disciplines such as Electronic Packaging, Aerodynamics and Manufacturing, would be beneficial.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to work with, influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given).
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.