Salary: Up to £55,000 P/A + benefits (plus Overtime, Flexi and Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Do you want to join a business, who value inclusivity, a three-time gold investor in people award winner, an advocate of supporting women in engineering and developing their people to be the best they can be?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will work within a multidisciplinary team which engages across many areas of system design over a mixture of research and mainstream project work. You will lead the Mechanical Development for assigned projects, sub-systems, or components, providing Mechanical Engineering expertise into the team.
The projects that you will work on are in the first stages of development so you will have the opportunity to shape their direction into development and rapidly prototype designs.
You will also propose ideas for future research topics and obtain funding to develop these ideas within the Function.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged
- Light and airy university type campus
- Friendly environment
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
- A good understanding of Mechanical Design, including an appreciation of packaging electronics including thermal considerations
- An ability to develop concept design solutions with limited information and changing requirements
- Wider awareness of other disciplines such as Structural Design and Low Observability, would be beneficial
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to work with, influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given)
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or a UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.