Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Sub-Systems Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage.
The Lead Sub-Systems Engineer work in a multi-disciplinary team delivering a new ground-based air defence system to an international customer. The Lead Sub-Systems Engineer will lead work packages in system design, integration, testing, and qualification of innovative radio-frequency sub-systems. Whilst the work will mostly involve RF and Data Links systems, you do not need to be an expert in these areas.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on incredibly complex and exciting systems, and work directly with international partners, with occasional travel to Italy available once Covid-19 allows. The Lead Sub-Systems Engineer will have a direct impact on future business programmes, as there is a real opportunity to there being new technology and lessons learned into future programmes supporting the UK MoD.
The Lead Sub-Systems Engineer will also be supporting other programmes across land, sea, and air at various stages of development. There is opportunity for further professional growth in line with personal development plans.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Working on an exciting new development programme, delivering a real capability upgrade
- Supporting research and development into the data links product line for the future
- The opportunity for international travel (when the restrictions eventually allow it!)
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Degree Qualified in a technical subject such as Physics, Electronics, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering, Communications Engineering, Software or Systems Engineering.
- Systems Engineering experience across the full engineering life cycle.
- Proven experience of managing work packages autonomously.
- While not essential, it would be beneficial if you had prior experience in data links, RF, and the wider missile/ defence industry.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.