Ground and Flight Trials Manager
Salary: Circa £45,000 to £55,000 depending on experience
Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
Annual salary review
Up to 15 days flexi leave
25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for shared parental leave
Possible relocation available
Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Working within a world-leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Ground and Flight Trials Manager. The company is an award-winning business that invests heavily in its staff, offering training, personal development and career progression opportunities. With a long order book, they are a stable business who have been growing over a number of years.
In order to support two major programmes, there are a series of dedicated lab based trials to be conducted. These range from Development Trials to Integration ground trials and dedicated trials support.
Due to the In-Service phase of both products lifecycle there are always emerging needs to be supported. These activities require someone to engage in planning, preparation and conduct of trials so to conduct trials in the most expedient way.
Note: DV in place or a willingness to apply for DV is a must.
The Ground and Flight Trials Manager role:
A series of Trials commencing with gaining captive carry clearance on to the Typhoon FGR4 platform and controlled termination and timed termination firing campaigns.
Definition and conducting of all ground and flight trial activities. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare trials documents (Flight Trials Proving Plan, Trials specs, Flight trials HA, Telemetry Observers Brief
- Prepare for and lead Trials Readiness Reviews and Product Trials Clearance Certificates.
- Support Air carry trial flight from RAF Coningsby and trial at the Range facilities
- Preparation and publishing of Trials Conduct reports
- Definition of required trials facilities, targets, instrumentation and functional test requirements for all flight trials activities.
- Movement of the product and associated equipment to the Trials facility
- Facility requirements (office, live build, security, storage etc.)
Telemetry bandwidth and coverage requirements
Initial Trial Hazard Analysis
Environmental Impact (Range requirements)
Liaison with Ranges – in conjunction with the MoD delivery Teams – via regular Flight Trials Working Groups.
Provide support as required to the Aircraft Integration Work Package
Provide support as required to the generation of MoD Delivery Team safety documentation.
Generation of all trial documentation, including PTCC (to cover both suitability of hardware under test and trial readiness).
Definition of appropriate safety instructions and procedures for all flight trials activities.
Budget, Schedule and Resource planning (including maintenance and statusing of L3 Plans). Management of technical and schedule risk in accordance with the project Risk Management Plan.
Input into relevant WGs (safety, performance etc.) regarding all flight trials.
This role will need to work closely with the wider Engineering teams to ensure that the flight and trials deliver the information required to further the progressive development of System hardware and software and provide appropriate validation evidence.
Ground and Flight Trials Manager Experience Required:
- Experience of working on Firing trials (ideally Air).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A keen interest and proven record of developing others.
- Experience of UK MoD trials clearance processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with external range and facility suppliers
- Work package management skills (work package planning, risk management) and an ability to operate within budget, timescale and resource constraints.
This company can offer you a fantastic chance to grow, develop and fulfil your career within a dynamic engineering environment and provide ongoing training, development, and progression opportunities.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.