Salary: Up to £50,000 P/A + benefits (plus Overtime, Flexi and Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Do you want to join a business, who value inclusivity, a three-time gold investor in people award winner, an advocate of supporting women in engineering and developing their people to be the best they can be?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Fuel Systems Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
As a Fuel Systems engineer you will join a dynamic team working on fast paced and exciting projects. The team delivers fuel system design solutions, requirements and proving across a range of projects.
Your role as a Fuel Systems Engineer will focus on fluid mechanical equipment within the fuel system, and the development of 1-d Fluid models for the fuel system in support of a number of assessment and development programmes. Your tasks can include feasibility studies, system specification and design, trade-off studies, liaison with suppliers, and development of modelling techniques. The team also engages with architects and propulsion engineers to develop the best fuel system for the application.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged
- Light and airy university type campus
- Friendly environment
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
- An appropriate Degree or Masters e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or industry experience
- Knowledge of fluid-mechanical design for fluid system components
- A working knowledge of at least one fluid system modelling tool, such as Amesim or Flomaster or SimScape
- An ability to develop concept design solutions with limited information and changing requirements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work with, influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business
- Positive collaborative behaviours along with being a team player
- Knowledge of airframe or aircraft engine fuel systems
- Knowledge of Jet Fuels
- Be driven and capable of working on your own initiative with a minimum of supervision
- Have the ability to visualise and analyse complex systems
- Have a good understanding of, and good working experience in, all phases of the engineering life cycle
- Knowledge of propulsion systems is an advantage
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or a UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment