Salary: Up to £65,000 + Excellent Bonus, Pension & Flexible working
Hours 37 hours per week
Working within a world leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineering Lead, who will use their passion and experience in the design and development of Actuation systems used in safety critical products used within the defence industry.
An opportunity has arisen to be involved in developing and delivering actuation systems across a multi nation business, rich in long term projects.
The type of system critical products can range from simple through to the highly complex and include Fin actuation systems, Gimbals systems, Reaction control systems, thrust vector control systems, Divert Attitude and Control Systems, and Control surface deployment mechanisms.
The successful candidate will be accountable, as Equipment Design Authority, for leading a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver a Control Actuation System into UK and non-UK programmes. The role has responsibility across the whole Product Life Cycle for delivery on cost, time, and quality.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy world class facility.
- Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, Parking / Strong travel links, Coffee Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Skills and qualifications required:
- Experience across all aspects of a single engineering area/domain and an appreciation of other areas.
- Good working experiences in more than one phase of the engineering life cycle, with sufficient experience of the total life cycle to ensure a good understanding of adjacent phases and through-life engineering issues
- Commercial and financial awareness; able to manage budgets.
- Experience of system qualification and certification.
- Excellent communication skills required to foster positive working relationships throughout the wider organisation.
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks, and priorities concurrently
- French/Italian language skills are an advantage.
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.