Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Design Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage.
The Electronics Design Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, proving, and integrating both analogue and digital circuit cards for equipment and subsystems within an exciting and challenging product portfolio that is safety critical, high reliability and needs to operate in extremely harsh environments.
The Electronics Design Engineer will have a unique opportunity to develop and broaden both technical and leadership skills (where relevant) within a growing company, as well as working with some of the most advanced engineering products in the sector. The Electronics Design Engineer will have the opportunity to work with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment with opportunities to travel and work as part of an international team. There is also further professional growth in line with personal development plans available when required.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Typical activities include:
- Schematic Capture, prototyping, testing, and proving activities along with integration to other electronics within the given equipment.
- Liaison to, and leadership of, other Electronic Engineering teams for PCB Layout, Component Selection, FPGA design and RF Design in order to deliver on Project commitments.
- Leadership of the Electronic Engineering design activities and team on an Equipment Project (subject to level and experience)
- Management of circuit card designs through the Product Lifecycle.
- Participation in Peer and Design Reviews
- Involvement in research and continuous improvement activities to enhance the Electronic Engineering capability for the future.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Ideally, degree qualified with experience in Electronics Design and development, preferably in defence or related industry.
- Relevant 3D Electronic CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and knowledge of a wide range of electronic technologies and products.
- A willing and helpful attitude, a calm professional manner, and the ability to assess and set priorities and deal with multiple issues on a regular basis.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.