Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: Up to £55,000 P/A + benefits (Including Excellent Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We are looking for an Electronic Systems Architect / Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / technology business that are in a position of sustained growth. The business is very keen to help their staff develop further and gain industry wide recognition, as well as the opportunity to work on very exciting projects.
The Electronic Systems Architect / Engineer will be involved in all aspects of Electronics systems development, from the early concept studies through to production and mid-life updates. The Electronic Systems Architect may also have responsibility for managing major equipment suppliers for the development of Electronic sub systems.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to build on their design experience and progress to a more senior technical role, such as Chief Design Engineer in the future.
Duties (Include but not limited to)
The role is responsible for the electronic architecture and requirements for a complex Missile system and typically responsibilities include:
- Defining the optimum electrical architecture for all variants of the Missile ensuring the electrical architecture and interfaces meet requirements
- Establishing project Processing and Communications policy and the Earthing and Bonding policy, based on existing Company policies
- Proposing processor choice & operating system choice, in line with Company policies.
- Recommending data bus types and routing
- Responsible for the missile level power system, including power budget, power profiles and surges
- Responsible for the missile signal safety design, to include routing of safety related signals, rules for signal separations in cable looms and on connector pin outs, plus special features such as dual redundancy
- More duties and information available upon request
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
Educated to degree level or an equivalent qualification having obtained substantial experience of electrical and electronic engineering, including:
- Digital electronics & microprocessor systems
- Analogue electronics & RF
- Electronic systems to perform Image Processing Algorithms
- Power Electronics
Good understanding of broader engineering disciplines, including:
- Systems design
- Safety systems
- Ability to technically manage internal & sub-contract activities
- Strong leadership skills, able to establish a clear engineering vision
- Ability to influence managers and other stakeholders across the company
- Strong interpersonal and well-developed communication skills (written & verbal)
- Willingness to travel within UK when required
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.