Salary: Up to £50,000 P/A + benefits (plus Overtime, Flexi and Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Do you want to join a business, who value inclusivity, a three-time gold investor in people award winner, an advocate of supporting women in engineering and developing their people to be the best they can be?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electro Optical Technologist to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
As an Electro Optical Technologist, you will join our EO Technology Group, where you will have the opportunity to work on a range of innovative EO technologies and methodologies. Your role will centre on developing and demonstrating the associated technologies and techniques through a combination of in-house laboratory & field testing, computational modelling and analysis based on the underpinning science.
You will work within a highly skilled, experienced, and multi-disciplinary team that will support you in delivering on our commitments. We will work with you to develop your skill, knowledge, and experience, as well as supporting your ongoing professional development, all while ensuring a good work-life balance.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged
- Light and airy university type campus
- Friendly environment
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
- A well-rounded, technically minded scientist or engineer with an understanding of electro-optic systems; experience of infrared imaging or Lidar systems is desirable but not essential
- Have a proven track record of on-time delivery, particularly in a dynamic working environment
- Able to engage with a broad range of internal and external partners, and forge strategic technical relationships
- Be adaptable, self-starting, and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Basic project management knowledge, including planning and risk-management, or an aspiration to learn and develop this skill on-the-job
- Experience of coding and data analysis; working knowledge of Matlab and Simulink is desirable but not essential
- The desire to see innovative concepts from the early R&D phase, through to demonstration and product development
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or a UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.