Salary: Up to £55,000 P/A + benefits (plus Overtime, Flexi and Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Do you want to join a business, who value inclusivity, a three-time gold investor in people award winner, an advocate of supporting women in engineering and developing their people to be the best they can be?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electro Optical Modelling & Tools Team Lead to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
As an Electro Optical Modelling & Team Lead your work will be broad, multifaceted, varied and dynamically changing. You will work within a highly skilled and experienced team that will support you in delivering our commitments. We will work with you to develop your skill, knowledge, and experience, as well as supporting your professional development, all while ensuring a good work-life balance.
The successful applicant will join our Modelling & Tools team, working with our internal experts and project leads to develop the mathematical models and tools needed to support the development of ground-breaking electro-optical sensors for our complex systems.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged
- Light and airy university type campus
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
- A well-rounded Systems Engineer with experience across the full lifecycle
- A background in mathematical modelling and coding using tools such as MathWorks Matlab and Simulink
- Experience in model verification & validation, configuration control and release processes
- Strong logical and analytical skills to address the technical nature of the work
- Team Leadership and People Management skills, or a strong desire to take on this responsibility
- Understanding of Electro-Optical radiation, propagation, and detection principles, in the infra-red waveband
- Experience of managing engineering work packages to deliver value outcomes, including co-ordination of other engineering disciplines and subject matter experts
- Managing stakeholders, including customers and/or suppliers
- Application of Defence, Military or other aerospace standards and design assurance processes is useful
- Experience of working in AGILE teams and applying AGILE frameworks
- Knowledge of imaging, sensors, guidance, navigation, propulsion, datalinks, energetics, etc
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.