Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Up to £35,000 P/A + benefits (Including holiday pay, Life Assurance, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Controls Engineer to join a world class, historically renowned engineering / manufacturing business based in Peterborough. The company name is synonymous with quality and innovation, with an extensive product range to offer. The opportunity will present the Controls Engineer with the environment to realise their potential and grow with the business.
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for designing, testing and where necessary, commissioning, electrical control systems for a variety of machinery types, meeting contractual/customer requirements within time and budget restraints.
- You will develop and produce PLC and HMI software for a variety of platforms with minimal assistance.
- Design, specify and issue electrical hardware parts lists and control panels according to contract specifications.
- Specify technical requirements for bought out equipment.
- You will produce machine test specifications.
- Test equipment in assembly shop and on customer sites as required.
- Provide technical and commissioning support to Installation & Commissioning / Customer Services in the office and on site.
- Help research and develop new products when required.
- Assist with preparation of proposals and quotes.
- Provide briefings of existing specifications and latest developments of equipment to sales, commercial, manufacturing, customer services and installation & commissioning departments when required.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideally, qualified to an Engineering degree or BTEC Higher Certificate in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Motivated individual with the ability to work alone but still be part of a team.
- Experience of installing and commissioning process equipment and a knowledge of programming and fault finding on PLC systems is desirable, although on-site training will be provided.
- Ability to develop and produce software to functional specifications.
- Knowledge of existing product range could be an advantage.
- Able to work away from home base for extended periods of time, within the UK and overseas.
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.