Salary: Up to £60,000 P/A + benefits (plus Overtime, Flexi and Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Do you want to join a business, who value inclusivity, a three-time gold investor in people award winner, an advocate of supporting women in engineering and developing their people to be the best they can be?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cable/Harness Specialist Engineer yto join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
As a Cable/Harness Specialist Engineer you will be providing advice and guidance to the team and our customers on electrical interconnects/cables suitable for the transmission of power, signal, and data within and between subsystems in our products.
As the Specialist Engineer, you will maintain your expertise in areas and ensure that it is effectively passed to others, including participating in design reviews, process updates, training, and other development activities, as appropriate.
You will also support and lead continuous improvement initiatives, helping define best practice and manage the adoption and adherence of agreed methodologies across the teams on an international scale.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged
- Light and airy university type campus
- Friendly environment
Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
- Knowledge and experience in cable/harness design
- Ideally HNC, HND, Apprentice trained, or Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering
- Strong communication skills to facilitate regular face to face and electronic communications with all relevant stakeholders
- The ability to write clear and concise engineering documentation
- Strong working knowledge of industry standards and experience of demonstrating compliance to them
- The ability to lead technical task forces for issues relating to cable harnesses and associated components through to resolution
- A working knowledge of Mil-Aero connectors in support of cable harness manufacture is highly desirable
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.