Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 + benefits (Excellent Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Antenna Design Engineer to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage.
As an experienced Antenna Designer, you will design and develop the Antenna technical solutions for a very high quality, precision product range. As part of a wider Electronic Engineering function, you will be defining future strategies and roadmaps for Antenna design solutions based on research and development activities in which you will also be actively involved.
This role provides you with a unique opportunity to apply your skills within multi-disciplined team of people including RF Engineers, Systems Engineers, Firmware & Software developers, and Digital Electronics Design Engineers. The Antenna Design Engineer will also have the opportunity to collaborate with other areas of the business, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop both your knowledge and your professional network.
You will gain exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products, which will provide you with stimulating and interesting experience; and – since you will be working with other highly talented and motivated engineers – you will find yourself working in a friendly and supportive environment that encourages career progression and allows you to experience a real feeling of success.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Typical responsibilities include:
- To create, analyse and prototype designs that meet challenging customer requirement within the constraints of limited physical space and harsh operating environments.
- Manage all technical elements of the antenna sub-systems, collaborating with other design disciplines and working alongside the Engineering Project Manager to ensure the ‘On Time, On Cost, On Quality’ delivery of the technical solution.
Skills and qualifications required Include:
- Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent qualification) with a Radio Frequencies or Antenna design bias having obtained substantial experience in the following areas:
- A proven track record of practical antenna production.
- EM theory and expertise with EM simulation tools such as CST or HFSS.
- Transmission line theory, matching circuits, active and passive RF circuit design.
- Understanding of the designs and characteristics of various antenna types, with a proven track record of practical antenna production.
- Hands-on experience of S-parameter measurements and antenna pattern measurements, with the ability to instruct external test houses where appropriate.
- Whilst not essential, it would also beneficial if you could demonstrate some knowledge of practical RF design for UHF (and/or frequencies in excess of X-band) as well as Embedded and Miniaturised Antenna Design.
- Experience of EM propagation in multipath environments and channel modes would also be advantageous.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.