Salary: Up to £65,000 P/A + benefits (plus Overtime, Flexi and Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Do you want to join a business, who value inclusivity, a three-time gold investor in people award winner, an advocate of supporting women in engineering and developing their people to be the best they can be?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Algorithms Team Lead to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth. We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive technologist to lead a team of technical professionals to develop algorithms for future systems.
The Algorithm Team Lead will be working with a specialist and forward-thinking team using product knowledge and mathematical analysis to develop the algorithms that underpin the advanced capabilities of our products. To keep ahead of our rivals, we are always looking to the state of the art in algorithm technology. This includes an increasing adoption of methods that employ machine-learning and artificial intelligence.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
What you will be doing:
- Lead a team of algorithm developers typically using MATLAB/SIMULINK.
- Represent the System Algorithm capability in multiple projects.
- Collaboration with the systems teams to understand how the algorithms will be used, and with the software team to appreciate how they will be implemented.
- Responsible for defining the toolchain and process for ensuring integrity through to the final product.
- Ideally degree qualified in a STEM related subject.
- Experience of leading teams of highly qualified and technical individuals.
- Software development.
- Mathematical analysis.
- Numerical simulation.
- Machine learning.
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.