Salary: Up to £50,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented Algorithm Engineer or Mathematical Scientist to join a world class technical engineering company based in Stevenage.
As an Algorithm Development Lead, you will build and lead a team of engineers who develop and maintain algorithms, this includes onboard algorithms for guidance, control, and navigation.
The Algorithm Development Lead will manage the Stevenage based algorithm teams activities with the opportunity to be involved in steering the technical direction of activities. The Algorithm Development Lead will have the opportunity to grow their team to support future activities.
An important aspect of the role will be to act as the Guidance, Control and Navigation (GCN) point of contact for the Stevenage algorithm team in managing relationships with our partners and customers.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Degree qualification or equivalent experience in a subject with mathematical content (e.g., Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science).
- Specific knowledge or experience in any of these areas is of benefit:
- You will have strong leadership and communication skills.
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to leadership and have the ability to inspire others in order to reach goals and objectives.
- Ideally, you will have experience of leading teams.
- A keen curiosity about innovative technologies and their applications.
- Relevant Post-Doctoral or Industrial experience is beneficial.
- Domain knowledge such as Guidance, Navigation, Control, Command and Control, Dynamic Systems, Sensors, and Autonomous Systems or similar technical knowledge is beneficial.
- Experience of algorithms development and associated tools is beneficial.
- Experience of algorithm research and / or product development and support.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.