Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: Up to £45,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Systems Engineer will sit within the Systems Design & Verification team, supporting the sustainment and improvement of a weapon system architecture. This will involve resolving technical queries and managing subsystem architecture and definition. This also includes trials support, combat system integration as well as verification activities. The role involves support to the delivery of the product to multiple customers.
Depending on your experience, this role could also include the management of System Engineering activity for a side project within the weapon systems programme.
The role will offer different development opportunities and provides a good exposure to all elements of the System engineering lifecycle.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More…
Duties and expectations include:
- System level requirements, interfaces, and architecture definition.
- Understanding the impact of proposed changes on the current design, and performing trade studies to ensure the continued viability of the product, including the technical resolution of in-service issues as they arise.
- System level compliance evidence compilation and certification, including generation of System verification documentation (e.g., Design Verification Plans, and Requirement Verification Modules).
- Systems support to other programmes as required, whether existing domestic or export programmes, or support to New Business.
- Ideally Degree qualified in a relevant technical discipline or equivalent.
- An appreciation of the Systems Engineering lifecycle including requirement elicitation, identifying, and managing key design drivers, modification development and formal verification and certification processes.
- Systems integration (mechanical/electrical/software) and system interface definition.
- An ability to work proactively and flexibly across a number of variant programmes for which relative priorities can change quickly.
- An effective team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skills, essential to working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and in building cohesion in the relationships between the Systems team and various interfacing teams.
- Awareness of RTC & DOORS would be beneficial.
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future. UK Dual nationals with 5 years continuous UK residency may be considered.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment