Location: Stevenage, or Bristol
Salary: Up to £55,000 P/A + benefits (including Pension, and excellent Bonus)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Weapon System Studies Manager to join a world leading innovative business, critical to national security. This could be just what you are looking for? The opportunity will present the successful applicant with the environment to realise their potential and grow with the business. Are you interested?
This is an influential role, helping to shape the future of the UK Complex Weapons portfolio. You will be responsible for managing technical studies and experiments that will cover exciting new Complex Weapon capabilities and technical innovations at an early stage in their conception.
The role will involve engaging with partners across multi-disciplinary teams within the business and also with the UK MOD customer community. You will help understand customer capability concerns in the domain of Complex Weapons and help to tailor technical studies and experiments to address these concerns.
You will be responsible for ensuring the successful conduct of multiple parallel technical studies under multi-million-pound contracts from the UK MOD and occasionally also tasked from elsewhere within the MBDA Group of companies. The holder of this role will ensure that studies focus on and deliver against specific MOD business case evidence needs and managing partner inputs along the way to ensure a collective agreement to the results.
The role requires the employment of elements of project management and building up of a technical appreciation necessary to proactively influence the technical direction studies are taking.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Skills and Qualifications:
- Technical understanding of weapon systems, or similar high complexity industry products, ideally defence industry related. Familiarity with the UK MOD acquisition process or UK MOD/ HMG Treasury guidelines for business cases would be advantageous.
- Scoping / planning packages of technical work and managing risk.
- Track record of managing / overseeing multiple parallel large (£1m+) packages of technical work versus success criteria.
- Working as part of a team and liaising with others at all levels throughout a large company; both technical and non-technical people.
- A dynamic and proactive individual able to ensure the technical direction of multiple parallel studies across multi-disciplinary teams, guiding and managing the studies, taking decisive action when an intervention is necessary.
- Must be able to cope with uncertainty, scoping work plans with limited initial information available and then refining through iterations over time.
- Ability to influence others, including at senior MOD/ Military levels. Good soft people skills.
- Ability to manage partner involvement and expectation in complex multi-dimensional studies and experiments.
- Comfortable with owning the responsibility of making many of the project management decisions on a multi-million-pound contract and being accountable for the contract success criteria.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.