Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Weapon System Concept Systems Engineer working for an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / technology business that are in a position of sustained growth. The Weapon System Concept Systems Engineer will work on new weapon system concepts, supporting the British Army and domestic European customers as part of a Future Battlefield Capability team.
The Weapon System Concept Systems Engineer will have a dynamic role with lots of exposure to customers and interaction across the business including Engineering, Sales & Business Development and Programmes. There will be an opportunity to travel internationally, and develop a broad skill base, across technology and systems engineering, shaping future opportunities for the business.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to secure a role with a forward-thinking company in a stimulating work environment with opportunities to learn new skills and be part of a friendly, proactive team.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Duties (Include but not limited to)
- Supporting engagement with the British Army and wider MOD to understand, define and develop their future needs
- System engineering development of new battlefield weapons
- Identifying technologies for future weapons and conducting systems assessment to determine their feasibility for the proposed future products.
- Direct working across the business (and industrial partners) to support development of the required technologies.
- Integration of future weapons on to British Army platforms
- Integration into the wider battlespace
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
Someone with a keen eye for detail and the following attributes:
- Technical Degree qualified or similar
- Ideally with some understanding of weapons systems, platforms, and sub-systems
- Good communication skills with a flexible approach to working in a team.
- Capable of liaising with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to think laterally and take the initiative to develop new ideas, concepts and identify technology exploitation paths
- Customer facing experience – ideally with knowledge of the British Army
- Ability embrace the uncertain nature of early concept development to progress towards defining solutions and system concepts
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.