Salary: Up to £33,5000 P.A. Dependent on experience (overtime, 4 day working week)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Vehicle Assembly Technician to join a global industry leader in the defence sector, where you will be responsible for a mix of mechanical and electrical vehicle assembly duties. You may have a particular bias towards mechanical or electrical, but we are looking for a mix of skillsets. Armoured Fighting Vehicle experience would be ideal but similar heavy/large vehicle experience would also be considered.
There are excellent career opportunities, further development, and the opportunity to be involved in some very exciting and challenging projects.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Competent technician capable of electrical and mechanical assembly and integration of complex systems working from drawings and engineering instruction
- Competent and safe use of all hand and air tools
- Use of jigs, fixtures, measuring tools on precision assemblies
- Working with support from the engineering group – a methodical and precise approach to ensure successful completion of production tasks on high value hardware
- A comprehensive range of vehicle assembly testing with previous experience in similar roles (Experience of working with larger type vehicles, such as aircraft, helicopters, military vehicles, or armoured fighting vehicles will be a distinct advantage)
- Ability to complete set ups and perform quality and performance testing
- Ability to test results and work from written instructions with limited supervision
- Ability to use hand tools and measuring equipment with high accuracy
- Ability to liaise with the test support and engineering functions
- Attention to detail and ability to self-inspect work to ensure quality defects are mitigated
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing setting
- Complete understanding of “clean as you go”/6S/FOD/Tool control programs mandatory Experienced with quality inspection points and process documentation
- Either recognised apprenticeship in mechanical / electrical assembly / test or equivalent through work experience gained on the job
- A very high level of health and safety awareness
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance for this role.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.