Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 p/a + Benefits (Including 9 Days working fortnight, Pension & Holiday Pay, Life Assurance, plus more)
Hours: Average 37.5 hours per week across a 2-week period
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a number of Assembly Technicians to join a global industry leader in the defence sector, where you will be responsible for a mix of mechanical & electrical vehicle assembly duties. You may have a particular bias towards mechanical or electrical, but we are looking for a mix of skillsets. Armoured Fighting Vehicle experience is always going to be the ideal background but if they do not have that then similar heavy/large vehicles experience will still be considered.
There are excellent career opportunities, further development, and the opportunity to be involved in some very exciting and challenging projects.
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Competent technician capable of electrical and mechanical assembly and integration of complex systems working from drawings and engineering instruction.
- Competent and safe use of all hand and air tools. Use of Jigs, fixtures and measuring tools on precision assemblies
- Problem solver with a positive attitude.
- Working with support from engineering group a methodical and precise approach to ensure successful completion of production tasks on high value hardware
Required skills include
- A comprehensive range of vehicle assembly testing with previous experience in similar roles.
- Ability to complete set ups and perform quality and performance testing.
- Ability to test results and work from written instructions with limited supervision.
- Ability to use hand tools and measuring equipment with high accuracy.
- Ability to liaise with the test support and engineering functions.
- Attention to detail and ability to self-inspect work to ensure quality defects are mitigated
- Flexible to work overtime/modified/Non-standard shifts preferred
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing setting
- Complete understanding of “clean as you go”/6S/FOD/Tool control programs mandatory
- Experienced with quality inspection points and process documentation
- Either recognised apprenticeship in mechanical / electrical assembly / test or equivalent through work experience gained on the job.
- A very high level of health and safety awareness
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.