Base Salary: Up to £49,000 p/a - dependant on Experience
Hours: 37.5 p/w (Monday to Thursday)
Working with a global defence leader, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Tooling Engineer who will be working on a range of long term national and international projects. The successful applicant will have a rewarding engineering career in a highly stimulating defence environment.
This role will be required to Design, develop, and implement industrial tools, dies, gauges, jigs, fixtures, prototype model production and machine attachments required for production or experimental use, considering such factors as accessibility, economy, mobility, and performance requirements. The Tooling Engineer will be required to have a good working knowledge of CAD design tools such as CREO and Windchill.
There will Design involvement through the full product lifecycle, with the aim to reduce manufacturing costs and improve yield at all stages, which will directly impact our customers, whilst supporting the Programme in delivery of the milestones.
Develop manufacturing tooling within any of the following technologies:
- NC Machining
- Composite layup
- Designing any new tooling & fixturing requirements
- Experienced in the creation of Technical Requirement Specifications
- Creation of detailed process instructions
- Creation of Manufacturing BOM’s / routings to aid ease of manufacture.
- Active involvement in the Level 1 & 2 MDWT (Mission Directed Work Team) meetings.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) and experience Tooling Engineering / Tooling Design experience.
- Knowledge of Machining and Manufacturing technologies.
- Experience of Drafting, Shrinking, COTS, Composites would be a huge advantage.
- Demonstrate a level of design and manufacturing process industry experience with CNC machining and/ or composite layup.
- knowledge of, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology, Quality toolset experience.
- An understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances) with the ability to identify key characteristics and datum structures.
- Familiar with the use of CAD software (CREO) to generate technical drawings
- Experience of preparing operational documentation and manufacturing data-packs.
- Experience of driving change in process, behaviour, and culture.
- Awareness of DFM/A and PFMEA principles and the use of them in a practical application to support Industrial Engineering activity.
- Strong analytical skills.
Due to UK national security requirements, applications are sought from UK citizens only. We cannot progress applications from non-UK citizens or those holding dual nationality.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment