Salary: £30,000 - £48,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Design Engineer working within a multi-functional engineering department for a market leading defence organisation. The role sits within the future Air Combat Systems team. The Systems Engineer will contribute to the international Tempest Enterprise, exploring and applying the latest engineering approaches with emerging technology to develop a Combat Air System. This Systems will comprise of a 6th Generation fighter aircraft, unmanned wingmen, and Future Effectors.
The Systems Engineer will have the chance to experience a once in a generation opportunity to be involved in a UK-wide transformational Defence programme. The Systems Engineer will also learn, explore, and apply emerging technologies such as effects optimisation using Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, cooperative weapons, combat cloud, manned/unmanned teaming, novel weapons and more.
The Systems Engineer will have an opportunity to develop and progress their career by getting involved at the outset of a future programme where the ideas of today will turn into the reality of tomorrow.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Role duties include but not limited to:
Various roles are available at different levels. The role will support the delivery of the concept and assessment phase through contributing to, or leading, agile sprint teams which are:
- Identifying and developing requirements
- Developing system architecture at system of system level down to sub-system level
- Developing and accessing concept solutions using advanced models and synthetic environments
- Road mapping and maturing technologies
- Planning risk reduction and conducting technology demonstration and system integration activities
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
Ideally degree qualified Systems engineers and systems architects with experience of some of the following:
- Requirements analysis and management
- System architecture design, including system of systems
- Functional decomposition
- MBSE approaches and tools (e.g., Rhapsody)
- Concepting and experimentation
- Interfaces definition and interface exchange requirements
- System integration
- Experimentation using synthetic environments and models
- Knowledge of systems engineering toolset (e.g., DOORS, Rhapsody, MATLAB, PLM/ALM)
- Collaborative mind-set and behaviours, open to new ideas and new ways of working
- Experience of working in AGILE teams beneficial, or specific role (Product Owner, SCRUM master)
- Experience gained developing military aircraft, avionics, weapon systems, communications networks or other complex systems/software products is highly desirable.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.