Salary: Up to £38,000 (dependant on experience) + excellent benefits
Hours: 37.5 (Across a 9-day fortnight – Some early / late Shift Work required)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a technical trainer / Instructor with experience of teaching, lecturing, or training people in Mechanics, electronics, and other engineering subjects. You will be joining a global leading defence engineering organisation.
The ideal candidate will either have experience of delivering technical subject matter such as electronics, mechanics, physics etc. or have a strong interest and appreciation in areas like this outside of teaching. On top of this technical foundation, we will then provide training in the specific technical areas required to be able to be able to instruct on the workings and maintenance of the Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapon System.
This role will deliver technical/engineering training, to Royal Navy staff who operate the SWS systems. This will include delivering training to inexperienced, new staff as well as top-up/repeat training for experienced staff.
Please note: Rules onsite require British Citizenship, and you will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance.
- Working as a fully integrated member within our instructor team delivering technical training in support of the statement of training requirement.
- Encouraging and mentor trainees with enthusiasm to ensure the highest standard of training output is achieved.
- Supporting both practical and theory training elements to both the Royal Navy and industry partners in the Trident Training Facility.
- Conducting reviews of training documentation in support of the Training Delivery Section leader.
- Shift working will be required in support of the Royal Navy’s Training, and Trident Engineering Support Trainer Programmes.
- Maintaining a working knowledge and understanding of approved documentation, mandatory health and safety legislation, acceptance standards and directives to ensure compliance with Trident Programme and Company requirements.
Skills, Qualifications, and experience
- Experience either as an SWS Instructor (Royal Navy) or Technical Trainer with a background in Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Electronics or Physics
- Experience of instructional delivery
- Excellent co-operation, organisational and workload management skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Flexibility and an adaptable attitude to working shifts.
- Be motivated, enthusiastic, reliable, show initiative and be able to work to deadlines.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.