Salary: Up to £55,000 + benefits (Bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you a Systems Engineer who wishes to develop your professional and technical skills in Security Engineering? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Security Architect who will design and implement a range of protective measures for a complex, critical project, enabling Customers to have an Assured Capability (AC).
The Systems Security Architect will deliver this by leading complex task packages and liaising with and placing requirements upon multi-disciplinary engineers across the Engineering division.
You will experience a broader range of engineering tasks than are usually undertaken by a single role holder on a typical project, gaining skills that would otherwise require a secondment or departmental transfer to acquire. This role will provide a range of demonstrable experiences for those working towards chartered status. This could be just what you are looking for? If interested, then please get in touch.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, and Sports & Social Club plus More
Typical activities include (but not limited to):
- Task package management of activities utilising multi-disciplinary engineers spanning across the Engineering Directorate to design and deliver a comprehensive technical security solution within the budget and timescale set out for the task.
- Managing the trade-space to maximise the effectiveness of through life protective measures without compromising product safety or Customer winning capability.
- Preparing and maintaining a robust security case and working directly with the UK Customer and its technical advisors to agree sufficiency of solutions.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Degree qualified in Electronics, Physics. Systems Engineering, Embedded Software, or similar
- Knowledge of through life system design and the ability to understand and manage the trade-space in that design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to interact with multi-disciplinary engineers, technical experts, senior management, and technical Customers
- Able to listen, evaluate, and resolve management and technical issues in a manner that upholds the business reputation with Customers
- Strong engineering skills where a background in either systems engineering, electronics design, embedded software, or firmware is desirable
- DV cleared or willing and eligible to go through the DV clearance process
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within one working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.