Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + benefits (Bonus, Pension, Overtime & more)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Safety Engineer working within a multi-functional engineering department for a market leading defence organisation.
You will be able to exploit your safety and system engineering skills to influence the safety aspects of technically complex and challenging products. While exploring the boundaries of best practice, this will involve optimising the effort devoted to safety assurance, with the goal of balancing safety against the inherently lethal attributes required of complex systems.
Systems Safety Engineer Responsibilities
· In this role you will need to balance time and cost constraints to ensure that a safety case, comprising appropriate evidence, is constructed.
· To do this, you will need to understand the system and its operating context, so that you can decide what type of evidence will most cost-effectively show that the identified hazards have been mitigated to the customer’s satisfaction.
· This will involve exploiting a range of techniques and approaches.
· Alongside core engineering projects you will also have the opportunity to conduct internally funded research packages.
Systems Safety Engineer skills and qualifications required:
· Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience in, the application of UK and International system engineering processes, particularly in safety-related systems, and safety assessment processes.
· Thorough understanding and experience of how the hazard analysis process integrates with the system engineering process to influence the design.
· Ability to deliver supporting information (Safety Case Reports, Hazard Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis, FTA, etc).
· Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary / multi-national team.
· Detailed electronic engineering experience is highly desirable.
· Experience of other engineering disciplines (design, software, manufacture, etc.) is also desirable.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.