Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Communications Systems Project Lead to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Network Communications Systems Project Lead will lead and take ownership of a new project developing an innovative system to system communications technology. This two-year project is aimed at developing and specifying this new technology, and creating models and demonstrators for the customer base.
The Network Communications Systems Project Lead will lead a small project team working on this critical part of the future business portfolio. The Network Communications Systems Project Lead will have direct ownership of the project and the deliverables, and work closely with external customers.
You will need to have a background in systems engineering. While not essential, some knowledge of data links and communications protocols would be useful. Most importantly, you will need to be able to shape the project, communicate effectively with customers, and deliver an innovative, imaginative approach.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More…
Duties and expectations include:
The role will see you carry out a range of activities such as, but not limited to:
- Work on an innovative new technology, and have ownership of the project.
- You will see this project through from start to finish, from a systems and network communications leadership point of view.
- You will be delivering a real capability upgrade for the business, the customers, and UK defence capability.
- Your role will be varied and will include systems engineering, modelling, building hardware and building demonstrators.
- An appropriate strong Degree or Masters in an appropriate technical subject.
- Systems engineering experience across the full life cycle.
- Experience with data links, communication networks, and protocols (not essential)
- Passionate about technology, motivated to deliver, and a strong communicator.
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future. UK Dual nationals with 5 years continuous UK residency may be considered.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.