Salary: £30,000 - £48,000 + benefits (Bonus, Overtime, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career creating innovative designs to define cutting edge hardware and software used within the UK defence sector? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a System Functional Design Lead to join an expanding team that engage in developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Systems Engineer who will have a phenomenal opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative solutions from complex requirements.
The Systems Design team is critical to the product development process, transforming customer requirements into lower-level system architectures and requirements. The role covers the majority of the Systems Engineering V model, negotiating requirements with the customer base through to the verification and validation process.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- A Degree or Masters in an Engineering, Mathematics or Science related subject.
- Passion and persistence to get a job done and done well
- Excellent communication skills are a necessity to be able to communicate with all levels of the project and disseminate technical information to stakeholders in an understandable manner
- Experience dissecting and understanding “the real” customer requirements and disseminating them down into lower-level subsystem requirements and complex functional architectures
- An understanding of model-based design techniques and languages (e.g., UML)
- Consistent ability to deliver required output within agreed timescales
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with team members and external departments, customers and other key stakeholders
- Desire to develop, build and grow the Systems Design team and the people within it as the project develops
- Experience with Systems engineering tools like DOORS/DOORS NG/Rhapsody desirable
- Knowledge of RF/microwave and electronic systems, radar and control systems and digital signal processing is desirable
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.