Salary: Up to £85,000 p/a + Benefits (Including 8 Days working fortnight, Pension & Holiday Pay, Life Assurance, Hybrid working, plus more)
Hours: Average 37.5 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineering Lead, to join a global industry leader in the defence sector, where you will be responsible for the delivery of complex programmes.
The Systems Engineering Lead will set both the philosophy and approach of the Systems Engineering aspects of the programme, and will be responsible for delivery of those aspects. You will have demonstrable experience of delivering and managing Large Complex Systems Engineering programs and overseeing Systems Engineering activities within one or more areas relating to Radar Systems, Weapon Systems, Tactical Datalink, RF Data or Military Communications.
The Systems Engineering Lead will manage and lead the Systems Engineering activities across the business area, throughout the Systems Engineering lifecycle, liaising with interfacing functions, Suppliers and Customers, and delivering compliant products on-time and to schedule.
You will be carrying out the following tasks
- You will be capable of leading a Systems Engineering team.
- Experienced in full life cycle programme delivery for systems engineering programmes they have seen through from start to finish.
- You will be able to bring that experience to bear to lead and navigate the team around challenges to ensure delivery to time and budget.
Desired skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience designing and integrating Complex Systems with a significant Software component.
- Knowledge and experience of Systems Engineering.
- Leading and delivering Complex Systems Programmes
- Supplier management
- Understand the impact of the Subsystems on overall system behaviour and performance
- Undertake technical trade studies
- Derive, Develop and Manage an appropriate set of sub-system requirements and ICD for Subsystems
- Experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of large-scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain
- Experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle
- Development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements
- Knowledge of Comms & RF Network Architectures
- Change proposal assessment and embodiment
- Safety Engineering
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.