Location: Stevenage or Bristol
Salary: Up to £48,000 P/A + Overtime, Bonus, and benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career move where you will be able to influence the Systems design, development and certification of a launcher interface programme that is critical to UK defence and security? If yes, then this could be for you.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Systems Engineer to join a highly collaborative team on a high-profile air-launched weapon programme, currently in the development and manufacture phase. The Systems Engineer will join a team that are responsible for developing and certifying an intelligent missile launcher system to challenging timescales using an iterative Model-Based Systems Engineering Approach.
There will be excellent opportunities for further career and personal development and to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More…
Duties include (But not limited to)
- Work with a dynamic multi-disciplined team applying Agile principles and a Model-Based approach to Systems Engineering and product development
- Manage product feature development from Requirements Analysis through to implementation and verification
- Develop knowledge of a cutting-edge tactical strike weapon system and launch platform
- Degree qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant engineering field
- Highly capable Systems Engineering practitioner, ideally with experience across the full the Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Experience of Use Case analysis and Requirement’s specification
- Experience of Model-Based Systems Engineering / SysML and use of Systems Engineering Tools such as IBM DOORS and Rhapsody is highly desirable
- While not essential, knowledge of MIL-STD-1760 / UAI, air-launched systems and Safety-related systems development would also be beneficial
Please Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, this position requires candidates to be able to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens or UK dual national. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.