Salary: £35,000 - £58,000 P/A + benefits (plus varying benefits packages depending on level and experience)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer, with expertise in Intelligent Autonomous Systems to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Intelligent Autonomous Systems Engineer will join a team that work within intelligent systems, autonomous systems and command and control (C2) to develop and evaluate state-of-the-art algorithms spanning a range of domains from on-board autonomous decision making to off-board C2 algorithms. The work of the Intelligent Autonomous Systems Engineer will involve researching, developing, testing, evaluating and implementing algorithms that integrate into wider complex systems through both funded internal research & development and fast-moving, challenging projects. Intelligent Autonomous Systems (IAS) Engineers are involved in all stages of the lifecycle and play a key role in many different product developments.
As an Intelligent Autonomous Systems (IAS) engineer you will be expected to collaborate both within the function and the wider business community, offering significant opportunities to be actively involved in a wide variety of projects and tasks. You will develop algorithms that are central to the design of complex safety critical, high reliability systems and products.
These algorithms are developed at many stages of the lifecycle of the product including:
- Research studies, both externally and internally funded, to investigate algorithms for future developments
- Algorithms to support; initial feasibility and concept studies; assessment and development programmes; and mid-life updates for in in-service products.
Duties and expectations
- You will be responsible for technical development of specific algorithms or studies for key programmes within the business.
- Responsibilities can include concept studies, algorithm design and trade-off studies, trials preparation, trials analysis and reporting, architecture definition, algorithm and model validation.
- You will perform technical analyses and investigations into a full range of issues and problems and prepare and develop solutions either individually or as a member of a project team.
- You will engage with the algorithm users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the algorithms are fit for purpose.
- Preferably PhD qualified in related area
- A good level degree with strong mathematical content and programming skills e.g. Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Information Engineering.
- A keen interest in cutting-edge technologies.
- Relevant experience, Post-Doctoral or Industrial; in robotics, autonomous decision making, data fusion, tracking/estimation, pattern discovery & recognition, statistical inference, optimisation and machine/deep learning algorithms, Real-time implementation and/or validation & verification is a strong advantage.
- Applications from candidates who are in the process of completing their PhD are also welcome.
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment