Salary: £30,000 - £52,000 P/A + benefits (Including Bonus, Overtime, Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Design Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Systems Engineer (Emerging Portfolio) will be involved in the definition and development of future products and the associated technology plans for highly complex hardware and associated sub system components, to be used in the delivery of defence related technology and capability.
The role provides the Systems Engineer (Emerging Portfolio) the opportunity to work as part of a small team on future systems technology projects. The Systems Engineer (Emerging Portfolio) can expect to further develop technical skills and knowledge that will support career progression within the company, and help shape future opportunities for the business.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
The role will see you carry out a range of activities such as, but not limited to;
- Customer needs analysis/elicitation
- Develop concepts, undertake trade studies
- Opportunities to own task packages, drive programmes, manage finances and interface with technology areas.
- Identify new technologies, maturing and exploiting these for next generation systems
- Support bids for future development
- Ideally degree qualified with a strong engineering or science background
- Creativity, imagination and the ability to innovate
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines of technology concepting, systems design and architecture, sub-system decomposition and functional allocation
- Experience of task package ownership and running technical programmes
- Ability to respond to customer requests; from generation of white papers through to formal bid submission
- Adaptable and flexible to changing/emerging requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, whilst dealing with all levels of the business; from supporting junior colleagues to direct customer interface
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment