Location: Stevenage or Bristol
Salary: Up to £40,000 + benefits (Overtime, bonus, Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for an exciting career working with cutting edge navigation sensor equipment, and associated systems? If yes, then this could be for you. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join an expanding team that engage in developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
The Systems Engineer will be initiative-taking and driven, and will have an exciting opportunity to join a team responsible for the specification, assessment, and procurement of Navigation Sensors, such as inertial technology and satellite navigation equipment.
The successful candidate will work within a small technical group and apply a good team ethic and organisational skills as well as possessing the ability and motivation to learn on the job.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
The role includes:
- As an electronics or physics based engineer, you would gain detailed understanding of navigation sensor technologies in a highly technical environment.
- Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying cutting edge and future technologies for investment.
- Supporting sub assembly and equipment assessment trials as part of an international team.
- Undertake research and design activities as part of an international team.
- Collaborating with suppliers and researchers for the development and maturation of new and emerging technology.
- Conduct or support investigations into engineering problems, present conclusions and recommendations and identify and highlight trends and emerging issues.
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas and develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services, seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge locally to continuously improve own practices.
- Project manage and deliver work packages on time, on cost and on quality.
- Designing and conducting laboratory tests.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline (Physics, Electronics, Systems, Aerospace or similar)
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Able to plan and control your work
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a relevant engineering industry
- Basic understanding of project management processes
- Appreciation of system design & integration challenges
- Experience with good systems engineering practices
- Modelling skills including proficiency with tools such as MATLAB would be desirable, but not essential
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high number of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within one working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.