Salary: Up to £55,000 P/A + benefits (Including Excellent Bonus and Pension)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Highly experienced Systems Engineer with experience in Electrical and Electronics Architecture to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The growing workload within business has created exciting opportunities within the Electronic Engineering function for Electrical/Electronic Architects to define and develop technical solutions and design strategies for electronic equipment. The Systems Engineer (Electrical / Electronic Architect will be responsible for managing the technical elements of Electronic equipment, working alongside the Engineering Project Manager to ensure the ‘On Time, On Cost, On Quality’ delivery of the technical solution.
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy university type campus.
- Friendly environment!
- On site Medical Centre
- Parking / Easy Access to train station
- Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
- Sports & Social Club and More
Duties include but not limited to:
Typically, responsibilities include:
- Establishing the equipment architecture definition and justifying design decisions
- Identifying and managing technical risk throughout the development lifecycle.
- Generating Cardinal Point Specifications / Technical Requirement Specifications
- Promoting reusable functions and modules (e.g. computing cores).
Ideally educated to degree level or an equivalent qualification, with an electronics bias, having obtained substantial experience in some of the following areas:
- Digital electronics and microprocessor systems
- Power electronics for distributed power networks
- Design of equipment for safety critical environments
- Design of equipment for handling of sensitive customer data
- Understanding of software and firmware development techniques
- Compact packaging and thermal management techniques for complex high-performance electronic equipment.
- Ideally, some understanding of internal computing design covering System on Chip technologies
- RF, Signal Processing & Software Defined Radio experience desirable
- EMC and Environmental design experience desirable
- An excellent understanding of the systems development lifecycle throughout the complete V-model for sub-system development.
- The curiosity and enthusiasm to keep up to date with latest engineering techniques and products
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note: Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment