Salary: Up to £50,000 p/a + benefits (Overtime + Bonus + Pension & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Design Manager to join a world class technical engineering company based in Bolton. This role will be important to developing capabilities to help protect national interests and global security. This could be just what you are looking for?
Benefits of working here:
- State of the art technology & innovation
- External learning and development encouraged.
- Light and airy world class facility.
- Friendly environment!
- Restaurant, Parking / Strong travel links, Coffee Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
A broad range of responsibilities include:
- Development of a coherent system design baseline, including identification and management of design queries, and ensuring a coherent and consistent system design alongside the wider evolving system design.
- Development of a qualification strategy and the system design verification and validation activities for the project.
- Management of the project requirement baseline, ensuring flow-down and agreement of sub-system requirements.
- Management of the key interface baselines, including the data exchange specifications.
- Management of technical analyses and investigations of system-level issues and opportunities, including conduct of trade-off studies, and any key supporting system design studies required to de-risk the system design.
- Management and conduct of key design reviews.
- Management of complex relationships, both at a customer interaction level and the industry partners and suppliers, including management of relevant customer working groups.
- Management of key relationships with sub-system design authorities.
- Management of the systems team resource required to support the delivery of the above responsibilities.
Skills and qualifications required from the following:
- Broad systems engineering background covering phases of the CADMID cycle from concept to manufacture, including generating TRSs, interface definitions, V&V planning, trials planning, qualification evidence generation and collation, generation of certification documents.
- Ability to establish and maintain efficient and effective working relationships with partners including MoD PT, WECA, MWC, DSTL, QinetiQ, BAES (Naval Ships and Maritime Services).
- Ability to communicate effectively across numerous levels of the partner community and with subordinates, peers, and seniors across the business.
- Ability to produce concise, coherent, and detailed technical reports of a high quality.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Ability to work confidently in the face of ambiguity and multiple conflicting priorities to be able to identify the priority tasks and communicate effectively to the team.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.